Icons linked together with an arrow represent "Direct Traffic" and if you're a Funnelytics Pro user, you can see how the traffic flows. The ghost line represents relation or "Indirect Traffic" and does not show/ track any traffic.
Ghost lines (dotted lines) are a basic line for connecting pages/ emails. They represent a relation between two icons, however ghost lines cannot be used to show traffic.
Connecting with an Arrow:
- Click your icon, then click the 'chain link' icon on the Link Wheel and drag it to the next icon
- If you click on the icon rather than drag it, a new page will appear
You can delete the arrow by clicking the red 'X' on the line when highlighted.
Pro Tip: If an icon is already selected on the canvas and you drag another icon from the icon folder onto the canvas, a direct link will automatically be generated
Connecting with Ghost Lines
- Click the button, then click your first point on the canvas
- Drag the ghost line to the next point and click to let go
- Click the ghost line button again to toggle it on/ off
Why Can't I Connect My Pages to Sources Using a Direct Line?
When you're creating a sales or marketing funnel, it’s impossible to track direct traffic from a page to an email or another offline source icon. There's no way to send a user to an ad or an email from one of your landing pages! To show that a user receives an email or goes to an offline source, you need to use a ghost line.
Pro Tip: If you use the direct line to connect to a source, it will automatically change it to a ghost line.
If you have any questions or need further clarification, remember to reach out to our support team anytime by clicking sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!